Monday, December 21, 2009

Hair today..gone tomorrow !

DISCLAIMER : This post borders on egotism. Those who detest this word in any form should refrain from reading the following paragraphs. Positively! No exceptions.

"Hairrased" !

Yes, that is exactly what I fell everytime when I hear the words " Karan...Go get a haircut " ringing in my ears.

Its that time of the year again when my hair is all long and curly.. long enough to get noticed by my mother. My mane...well as of today, isn't long enough for a ponytail though! But what the heck..people still object. On 2nd thoughts I might just agree with them.

Ok.Why is this 'going-and-getting-a-haircut' such a big issue with me?
  1. Boys/Men never like to be told some things.. 'get a haircut', 'go take a bath' being some of them. Strange species we are.
  2. I am not really good at managing long hair.
  3. Just before going to the barber, my hairstyle suddenly starts suiting me and I want to keep it. Let it grow. Even when I am sitting in the saloon chair, I have 2nd thoughts. One or two strands of my hair fall on my face and it starts giving this whole drooly look in which Karan Sakhuja looks just the perfect guy.
I remember my school days when we weren't exactly aware of what 'handsome' looked like. So when we were told for a haircut, I would rush to the barber. He would always ask me which way I wanted it done. I would tell him the lines that by means of repetition had got stuck to my tongue.

Like a parrot I would say, " Bhaiya, bilkul chotte kar do. "
Barber : "Kitne chotte karu? Machine lagani hai ?" (referring to the now-obsolete mechanical hand operated-trimmer)
I : " Haan bhaiya. Crew cut kar do. Peeche se seedhe rakhna. Cut mat lagana."
Barber: "Wohi apka usual cut karna hai? Ho jaega!"

It would take the guy 30 odd minutes and he would be done, finishing his job by smearing my neck with the Shower-to-Shower powder packed in that yellow plastic bottle and then brushing off all the cut hair from my face as well.Tingly!
I would then get back home rubbing my hand over my head and feeling the sharp ends of the hair. My friends always said it felt more like the back of a porcupine. Well, what the heck! With that cut, I at least managed to stay away from that barber shop for another 2-3 months. Heaven!

How I always detested the fact that my hair were the perfect length just for a week or so. Either they were too short before that week or they would start coming onto my eyes after that week and I would look like a monster. Bah!

"Karan... haircut". Oops.. I probably sat on the PC for a little too long. Somebody seems to be calling out. Huh?? Its 1.45 in the night.. why can't people just leave me alone ?? I better get myself all geared up for that meeting with the barber bhaiya! ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, you are bang on the money. just as my hair begins to touch the eyes, my father comes up to me and says "beta go and get a smart hair cut. you look like laloo prasad yadav".

Sutanshu Raj said...

Dude, Can relate to every line written. Well Done.!!

chitra pandita said...

Nice piece of work.....but wot i cnt blv is that U who has such a sophisticated look ever had long hairs..huh...cnt imagine u that way!!!

Pigeonheadophobia said...

Love the humour you use. Most guys will agree I suppose!