Monday, March 16, 2009

Dilli...Meri Dilli aur meri poetry.

Poetry. 
For the past 2 decades, that is something that I have never been able to do.Even in school during Hindi classes, we were forced to write down small pieces. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. I never could get rhyming words to fit into the scheme of things.
So at 20 years and some 8 months, severely suffering from Mid-Degree Crisis, I tried my hand at poetry...Oh yes I did. And I penned this piece down sitting on the backseat of a DTC bus riding back home. I actually wrote it so that someone could give me a first hand review with the poem on a post card.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Yaha sadko me hai jaam aur bas me dhakke
road pe ladte log aur unke wo dhande
Ye dilli hai mere yaar.

Purani dilli ki galiyan aur nayi dilli ke office
hotleo ki raunk aur paharganj ke adde
Ye dilli hai mere yaar.

May ki kadakti garmi aur saath me chalti loo,
fir bhi dopahar me hota cricket aur shaam me pithoo.
Barf ke wo gole aur paanch rupye ki cola bar
Bimar hokar bhi ham kabhi na mante haar.

Baarish me wo paani ka bharna
aur usme chalana wo naav
gande hokar ghar pahuchkar khaane mummy se maar.
Phir bhi na sudharna aur bane rehne yuhi dilli ki jaan....yuhi dilli ki jaan.
Aur inhi baarisho me na khatam hona
uncleoo ke pakodo ke shauk aur auntiyo ki chaat ki maang
Ye dilli hai mere yaar."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you. Thank You."

Wanted to add a lot more about apni Dilli . But the driver wouldn't tolerate me in his bus any more.

2 comments:

SWATI GUPTA said...

wo chandni chowk ki chaat,
wo jama masjid ki tower,
wo cp k chakkar,
wo paison ki maaar...

wo pehli baarish,
wo pehli muskaan,
wo badhte kadam...
wo khula aasman..

kiski better hai??

KS said...

yours definitely..!!

I just hope I am able to come out of that 'picking-up-cheesy-bollywood-songs-and-remixing-them-to-make-a-poem' phase ASAP.